L J Hooker Lennox Head Holiday Accommodation
L J HOOKER LENNOX HEAD HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply between you the guest, and LJ Hooker Lennox Head as the agent for the owner of the property in relation to the management of the premises for holiday rental. LJ Hooker Lennox Head reserves the right to alter, cancel or change any of these terms and conditions as a result to changes in the holiday market, changes in the legislation or the requirements of the properties owners and the Body Corporate at any time, and without notice.
- We have a NO PARTY POLICY in all of our properties
- The property is to be used for short-term residential accommodation only.
- The property will not be used for any commercial purpose, wedding, parties, hens, bucks, schoolies or any other functions.
- No person shall conduct themselves so as to cause a nuisance to adjoining or neighbouring occupants.
- Excessive noise, antisocial or offensive behaviour is not tolerated.
- The number of occupants must not exceed the number of guests accommodated at the property. Should you exceed this number your booking will be terminated.
- The person making the booking becomes the house manager and must occupy the property for the duration of the booking they act as the primary contact and take full responsibility to ensure that all occupants understand and agree to the rules.
- Non-compliance with any of the above rules may result in your booking being terminated immediately without refund
THIRD PARTY BOOKING PLATFORMS
If your booking is made via a third party website such as, but not limited to, Stayz, HomeAway, VRBO, Airbnb, Booking.com, different payment, security deposit & cancellation policies may apply for each property. Please read and understand these policies before booking.
- EFT – bank details will be provided with your booking email
- Online Credit Card Payment via our booking portal (1.1% surcharge)
- Credit Card via phone (1.1% surcharge)
- We accept Visa and Mastercard, sorry we do not accept AMEX
DEPOSIT & BOOKING FEE
To confirm your reservation, the minimum payment required is:
* a deposit equal to 50% of the total tariff
* a non-refundable $80 booking fee
If your reservation is made within 30 days of your arrival date, the full tariff and booking fee is payable at the time of booking.
The balance of the tariff is due no later than 30 days before your arrival date.
- Prior to your arrival, you will be required to complete an online registration form with a copy of your licence and credit card. These details are stored securely for 14 days following your departure.
- We reserve the right to charge your credit card to recover reasonable costs for damage or cleaning at the property and/or its furnishings during your stay including but not limited to:
- Replacement of lost keys, remote controls (at cost)
- Extra cleaning (per hour above normal clean)
- Removal of excess garbage, boxes, bottles etc. (at cost)
- Damage/ breakages on the property (at cost)
- $50.00 cleaning fee for unclean BBQs
- Missing furniture or other contents and fittings
- Laundering of heavily soiled bedding such as mattresses and doonas
- Costs associated with pet cleaning / damage / unauthorised pets
CANCELLATIONS BY THE GUEST – Effective for bookings made or altered from 1 December 2021
- More than 30 days from arrival: full refund of your payment minus the non-refundable booking fee of $80
- Between 30-14 days from arrival: 50% of the tariff and the $80 booking fee are non-refundable
- Less than 14 days from arrival: the full tariff & $80 booking fee is non-refundable
- Please note that any credit card fees will not be refunded
- If for whatever reason you are not satisfied or choose to depart prior to your departure date, we do not refund rental costs either in full or part thereof. If for any reason you are not satisfied or choose to depart prior to your departure date, we do not refund rental costs either in full or part thereof. No provision can or will be made for relocation if accommodation is deemed unsatisfactory on arrival other than the basis that the full rental paid be forfeited and full rental on new premises is paid prior to occupancy. Guests cannot be relocated. We are careful not to misrepresent any rental property
COVID CANCELLATION POLICY – Effective for bookings made or altered from 1 December 2021
Should you be required to cancel your booking due to being directly affected by government mandated lockdowns and border closures, your tariff will not be refunded. Your tariff will be retained as a credit towards a new booking for the same or greater value; this credit is to be used within 12 months of the original arrival date.
CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS BY US – Effective for bookings made or altered from 1 December 2021
The agent makes the booking in good faith, however, we cannot be held responsible for actions taken by the owner of the property, i.e. sale of property, increase of tariff, alteration of property or withdrawal of property from letting. In any of these events, we will contact you as soon as practicable. If we cancel your reservation, you will receive a refund of any money paid by you.
PROPERTY FOR SALE
In the event of the property being offered for sale, the guest agrees to allow the owner or his agent to inspect the property with a prospective purchaser during reasonable hours by appointment.
MAINTENANCE & REPAIRS
- We will do our best to ensure that the property is in good condition and working order, however, we cannot guarantee that every aspect of the Property (including electronics, internet, television reception, BBQ’s, hot water systems, pools) will not breakdown or fail before or during your stay.
- We will attempt to arrange for any repairs, maintenance or service of any part of the property that fails or malfunctions before or during your stay as soon as practicable after being notified. However, delays in immediate repairs, maintenance or service (including availability of parts and tradespeople), may be beyond our control.
- There will be no refund, discount or compensation provided to you in respect of any part of the property that fails or malfunctions.
- You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs, replacements or maintenance.
- Check-in is 3pm (NSW time) on arrival date
- We will try to accommodate requests for an early check-in, but this is subject to availability and cleaning and cannot be guaranteed, particularly in peak periods.
- Keys must be collected from our office or the lockboxes outside our office
- Check-out is 10am (NSW time)
- We will try to accommodate requests for a late check-out, but this is subject to availability and cleaning and cannot be guaranteed, particularly in peak periods.
- Keys should be returned to our office unless prior arrangements have been made with us to leave the keys at the property – we have a return slot in our front door.
- On departing, please ensure the following things are done:
- Dishes, cutlery etc washed and put away in cupboards
- Dishwasher emptied
- Rubbish placed in bins outside
- BBQ cleaned
- Furniture in its correct position
- Doors and windows locked
- Air-conditioning switched off
- Should additional cleaning or maintenance above the normal process be required after your stay, you will be charged for those extra services.
- Occupants locked out of premises requiring assistance from us to gain entry after hours are required to pay a call out fee of $100.
- If the service of a locksmith is required this is payable by the guest.
- Guests are responsible for all repair & replacement costs pertaining to any lost keys or remotes during their stay
SWIMMING POOLS AND SPAS
- If your property has a pool or spa please ensure adequate supervision of children at all times
- No glass or bottles permitted in the pool
- Where the property is a strata title property, please abide by any rules set out by the complex.
- Please be aware that noise travels, all entertaining by the pool should be finished by 10pm.
- Pets are not permitted in any property unless advertised as such, and agreed with by the agent in advance of your stay.
- We reserve the right to the following should there be any pets at the property without express permission.
- termination of your booking and eviction without refund
- where necessary, you may be charged for excess cleaning, damages, flea sprays, deodorising or any other costs associated with animals being at the property during your stay.
- If the property you have booked is nominated as pet friendly:
- please advise us prior to your arrival if you are bringing a pet
- Pets are not permitted inside the property
- Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up and picking up after their pet, or an additional cleaning fee (minimum $50) will apply
The description of the property is on the internet. We are careful to not misrepresent any rental property. L J Hooker Lennox Head will not be held responsible for any changes to and or items removed from the property after the time of your booking. All accommodation is fully furnished. Guests must accept premises “as booked” and they cannot be relocated unless full tariff is paid for another property. Changes to the property grounds and/or surrounds, outside of our control such as weather, erosion, council work and neighbouring renovations will not affect the quoted tariff. L J Hooker Lennox Head cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise, or inconvenience guests may experience. We will advise you of these changes to your stay where foreseen or planned.
DAMAGES OR BREAKAGES
- If you notice any damage or breakages when you arrive, please report this to our office right away, or we will consider those the responsibility of the current guest and charge accordingly.
- No responsibility will be taken for guest’s personal property left on the premises. The landlord’s insurance does not cover loss of a guest’s belongings.
INTERNET CONNECTION, TV RECEPTION AND FOXTEL
- The property may have an internet connection (wired or wireless). The reliable performance of any internet connection during your stay is not guaranteed and may be disrupted or unavailable.
- The Guest will not hold LJ Hooker Lennox Head or the owner liable for the availability or disruption in any internet connection.
- TV and Foxtel reception can be unreliable in times of high wind or storm.
- Depending on the location of the property, there may be low signal strength.
- The Guest will not hold LJ Hooker Lennox Head or the owner liable for any disruption in TV or Foxtel reception (if installed in the property).
- If Foxtel is provided at the property, the extent of available channels will vary from property to property depending on the account the owner has set up with Foxtel.
We recommend you protect your holiday with domestic travel insurance – for unforeseen situations that could arise.